How is our firewood delivered?
- All large orders are delivered via lorry on a pallet, in nets or bulk bags. The pallet is removed from the lorry using a manual pallet lifter and placed at a suitable point on your property, this may be the nearest point to your property on the pavement. Please let us know in advance if access to your property is difficult.
- We need a firm level surface on which to unload, gravel or chippings are unsuitable.
- Once the delivering depot receives your order they will call you to book in your delivery. You must provide a suitable daytime contact number at the time of ordering. Failure to do so could result in a delay in delivery.
- If you have any questions about access or delivery, please give us a call on 01524 812476.
1. Logs Direct, Brooklands Farm, Addington Road, Halton, LA2 6PG have a responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights within 5-7 working days from date of order.
2. While we endeavour to meet all individual instructions, they will be subject to the terms and conditions of delivery as set out below and are NOT guaranteed. Please follow this link for a short video on delivery. https://www.logsdirect.co.uk/delivery.html, also see attached some pictures of how we deliver. If you are not satisfied you must inform us within 24 hours of ordering.
3. In order to enable us to operate nationwide delivery, we send all our goods via a third party pallet network. The delivery will be made using an 18 tonne vehicle although a smaller 7.5t vehicle can be requested at the time of order. If you require a vehicle smaller than a 7.5t please contact the office within 24 hours of ordering.
Please note that topsoil and compost bags as well as dumpy and mammoth bags are delivered in the same manner and not on a crane mounted vehicle.
4. Smaller vehicles are not suitable for deliveries over 800kg due to health and safety laws. Please call us to discuss your options
5. Once your order has been processed, your goods will be dispatched within 24 working hours to the nearest depot to your address or the address you have selected to deliver to. When the delivering depot receives your order they will call you to book in your delivery. You must provide a suitable daytime contact number at the time of ordering. Failure to do so could result in a delay in delivery.
6. STANDARD DELIVERIES are made 7 - 10 working days from date of order and are included in the total cost. The deliveries days available are Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. The carrier will call to book a delivery day however as they are an open booking there is no time slot allocated.
7. AM & PM REQUESTS If required we can offer AM & PM for a small premium of £10, please contact the office if you require such a service
8. EXPRESS DELIVERY (1-2 working days) is available for a premium of £20 and will be delivered the next working day after dispatch. Please note that the delivery will be made the following 1 or 2 working days as an open booking and you will not receive a call from the carrier. The cut off time for overnight deliveries is 1300 hours. Please note if you order on a weekend/bank holiday your order will not be dispatched until the first working day.
9. SATURDAY DELIVERIES are available for a premium from £50.00.
10. All orders are delivered on a wooden pallet. The pallet is removed from the lorry by being lowered to the ground on a hydraulic platform ("tail lift") and moved with a manual pallet lifter. Manual pallet lifters cannot move on gravel, chippings or loose surfaces. They will not move up kerbs or over steps. Please note that if access to your property is difficult or if you have a gravel driveway that the delivery will have to be made as a standard kerb side delivery. Please note the pallet will left with you to dispose of.
11 .The delivery depot is contracted for a one man, kerb side delivery only. While we endeavour to meet delivery expectations, any movement of the goods on your property is at the driver’s discretion and we cannot guarantee this service. We encourage drivers to help where conditions safely allow however, please note that the driver may at their sole discretion be unable to leave the pallet at the specified location for any reason (including, for example, because the location does not meet the requirements set out), we are not be liable in any way for refusing to leave the goods in the specified location
12. We do not have access to vehicles with cranes and therefore we cannot lift goods over any raised surfaces.
13. If the delivery driver arrives at your address when the delivery has been booked in and no one is available to accept delivery, with no suitable place for the goods to be left then there will be a redelivery charge of £20. Please make sure we have a suitable number and that you are available to contact on your agreed delivery date.
14. If you have provided "Authority to Leave" this means that you are happy for the delivery driver to simply leave the pallet unattended at the delivery address if no one is in attendance when he arrives. However, it is important to consider that we cannot be held responsible, in any way, for any deliveries where you have given us authority to leave. Please note depots will not call you to book in the delivery if you request the order to be left.
15. If for any reason the depot fail to book the delivery in and turn up without notice, please refuse delivery should you not be able to accept delivery. There will be no charge for this refusal.
16. CANCELLATION POLICY. You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days without giving any reason under the consumer contract regulation 2013. This cancellation period will expire after 14 days. To exercise the right to cancel the order you must inform Logs Direct, Brooklands Farm, Addington Road, Halton, LA2 6PG by post or [email protected]. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the right to cancel before the cancellation period expires. Logs Direct do not bear the cost of returning cancelled orders which by their nature cannot be returned by post. The cost of this is £50 including VAT. You will then be reimbursed within 14 days of Logs Direct receiving the goods back.
You are able to cancel your order prior to shipping with no cost penalty being incurred.
If delivery is refused for any other reason then a charge for returning the goods will be made to the customer. THIS CHARGE IS £50.00. A charge may be made for re-delivery if you fail to notify us at the time of order any access restrictions or issues that prevent us from delivering to your property.
17. COMPLAINT PROCEDURE. Should you have any complaints regarding any aspect of your order or delivery, please contact us on [email protected] and will happily help.
18. As members of the Approved Coal Merchants Scheme, we take our responsibility to deliver only approved smoke controlled fuel to smoke controlled areas. Please ensure you’re aware of whether this applies to you. House coal doubles and House coal trebles are not for use in smoke controlled areas. If you need any more information, please call your local environmental health department or visit here (http://smokecontrol.defra.gov.uk).